Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Shocking news..

Recently I heard that my class senior from JC just passed away. I wouldn't know if not for lixiang.. My class was not close to my senior's class.. and I would guess they didn't know about it either.

Tho I did not really know the girl(lets call her D) well, it came as a shock when i received news of her death. It is just shocking to know that the living, breathing person whom i had talked to and laughed with is no longer in this world.

Tho I didn't attend her wake(if i had i'm sure the impact would have been much greater), it did make me feel the meaning of the sentence 'life is transient'. I have always been a person who had preferred to have a few good friends.. there is a saying that goes something like "Acquaintance of many, friends of none". I had always believed in that. Now, i think otherwise. U never know when your friends will depart from this world. In the busyness of life, there is always time to get to know pple better.. and to be of impact to them before it is too late.

D had committed suicide. Rumours has it that she had suffered from depression. She had always done superbly well in her studies.. a good life is cut out for her. Why then had she chosen this road for herself? It is a mystery that no one will know.

During her wake, her good friend was giving a speech. Hearing this from my friend who attended, this good friend of D said, " Sometimes I wish she wasn't so perfect. I wish I had been more observant to notice the crack that had appeared on this perfect vase.. a crack that wasn't big enough to let pple come in. " (Can't remember the exact words.. it was something along that line..)

Sometimes, we can be our worse critic in our strife for perfection. D was a christian. She had Jesus in her life. But that was not enough to stop her from taking her own life. My friend asked whether she would go to hell for committing suicide.. i didn't know how to answer him..

I hope D is with God now.. life is so full of uncertainty. Dun let the busyness of life deter u from cherishing ur friends and family now.. it is so important to let them know u love and care for them.

1 comment:

GX said...

I would like to know the answer to that question too. Some stuff left unspoken. Life's a cycle, carry on. TC.